Thursday, June 27, 2013

My medicine..

This simple one thing has ended up to be my medicine..

 
Yep! After 2 years of cronic back and neck pain. All I needed was to eat a banana..
 
Crazy!
 
Well, about two years ago I had high blood pressure so they put me on a water pill.
Well, I have been in and out of the doctors office for the last 2 years with multiple symptoms.
Even going for physical therapy and extensive tests to figure out why I had these symptoms.
Some days (A LOT of days) My neck or lower back pain was debilitating!!
I was in a lot of pain.
I couldn't sit comfortably anywhere in my house.
The kitchen table, computer chair, and even the couch was uncomfortable.
It was awful!
Well, I started having cramping in my fingers and jaw pain and several other symptoms so I made yet another appointment to be seen.
Well, as they were checking one of my symptoms
with and ekg, they decided because I have arythmia in my heart I should head over to the ER.
(Scary!)
But, as I do have arythmia and from the records have had it for a few years, they checked everything else and said it was fine and wanted me to see a cardiologist to check further into the arythmia in my heart.
Then he said that the water pill I take has made my potassium slightly low and to start eating bananas and you will be fine and it may help some of the symptoms!
Well, after only one day of eating a banana..
My neck and back pain are no longer as bad as they were!!
I mean almost non existant!
So, I am thinking that this whole 2 years since I started the water pill all that was wrong was my potassium was low..
Go figure!
 
So bananas are my new medicine!!
It sure beats putting some chemical in my body!!
(Which I might add they prescribed me muscle relaxers more times than I can count) But, because I hate pills and meds I didn't take them!
But, the bananas I will take!
:)
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Aloha!
    Visiting from the hop, wow that is crazy! I think I need to go out and buy some bananas now! How crazy!
    Will be following you via bloglovin ;)
    Have a great day,
    Kaara
    http://inthekitchwithkaara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol.. I know! It is crazy!

      I will go check out your blog!! :)

      Delete
  2. That's awesome, such a little change for big results!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good to hear, Daisy! You no longer have to suffer from chronic back and neck pain. Aside from eating healthy food, you should also exercise regularly or consider chiropractic care. These are good ways to maintain the condition of your body, therefore, preventing any pain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love eating bananas, Daisy, but I still have to visit my chiropractor to be treated. With the potassium from bananas, you still have to consult your doctors so that they can monitor your condition. I'm sure your physical therapist has an answer to your body pain, especially when it comes to joint pains.

    Shavonda @ AvicennaDenver.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. So there is some one else who likes bananas. I don't have them as a medicine, but make sure that I have at least one per day (if not more)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Shavonda. Excessive potassium intake might result to Hyperkalemia. It's best to continue your physical therapy while eating your bananas. At least, you'll be ensured that your therapist is monitoring your muscles and joints while the banana provides you a dose of the potassium that you need. :)

    Brent Ungar @ Belden Village Chiropractic and Wellness Center, LLC

    ReplyDelete